Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Textile Wrapping


This was inspired by the Japanese art of wrapping goods using textile or cloth. This art is called Furoshiki. Silk, cotton or satin may be used in Furoshiki, whether printed or plain would depend upon the kind of effect you want to achieve.

Using Furoshiki means that you'll be giving two gifts (the actual gift and the cloth). It's also environmentally-friendly. =)

I used printed red handkerchief to wrap these chinese fans. (I forgot to take a picture of the fans...but I'll post some pictures of the chinese fans when I get the chance.)

Wrapping the chinese fan the same way one wraps the silverware

Using the print of the handkerchief for some added effect to the package

Tying both ends of handkerchief to secure the package

Wrapping in no time just by rolling the fan in the handkerchief, like one would roll a paper.
The smiley is a print on a handkerchief I used to wrap a t-shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment